Your breasts will change before, during and after breastfeeding and some women may worry that their breasts will be “ruined” when they’re finished. You may feel like your breasts become saggy. This isn’t always true and everyone is different.
What does breastfeeding do to your breasts?
A lot of women worry about their breasts becoming “saggy” once they’ve finished breastfeeding. But did you know that saggy breasts don’t happen because of breastfeeding? It is actually the pregnancy hormones in your body that can cause them to sag or change their shape.
It’s important to know that a lot of women don’t even notice any changes in their breasts! It really is individual and just one more “blessed” badge of motherhood honor that you get to experience.
If you are worried about saggy breasts after nursing you can do a few things to help them.
- wear a supportive bra
- stay hydrated
- say no to smoking
- have good posture
- stay out of the sun
It takes about three months post weaning for your breasts to get back to their new “normal”. A lot of times breasts will change size after breastfeeding. Give yourself grace and time and find ways to feel good!
New to breastfeeding? Need a refresher for a second baby? Make sure you signup for “The Complete Online Breastfeeding Class“. This on demand class is designed to help you meet your breastfeeding goals.
Other articles you may enjoy:
- Top Signs of Low Milk Supply To Worry About
- 22 Low Milk Supply Causes You May Not Know About
- Can Breastfeeding Cause Depression?
- Why Is Breastfeeding Painful?
- Can Breastfeeding Cause Headaches?
- Can Breastfeeding Moms Have Protein Powder?
- 8 Breastfeeding Problems After A C-Section
- Can Breastfeeding Cause Breast Cancer?
- The Ultimate Guide To Dairy Free Breastfeeding
- Can Breastfeeding Make You Tired?
- 5 Soothing Solutions for Dry and Cracked Nipples From Breastfeeding
- What Breast Should I Start With When Breastfeeding?
- How Often Should A 6 Month Old Breastfeed?
- Why is Breastfeeding Important?
- Can Breastfeeding Moms Drink Coffee?
- Can Breastfeeding Cause A Fever?