About The Breastfeeding Mama
What started as a Facebook group in 2015 started by a mom who recognized that breastfeeding support was seriously lacking has turned into a massive breastfeeding community and educational website.
Katie Clark, mom of three boys, struggled big time to breastfeed her second child. Despite having a good support network, she struggled to find pediatricians and medical providers that knew anything about breastfeeding.
After experiencing this, she realized how much breastfeeding moms struggled, and she started The Breastfeeding Mama Support Group on Facebook.
This group quickly grew (and it currently has over 23,000 members) – and as it grew, Katie decided to create as many free and affordable resources to help breastfeeding families around the world meet their goals.
The Breastfeeding Mama Instagram and the website were launched in 2019 and have continued to grow, reach, and support millions of families around the world through its fun, engaging, and evidence-based breastfeeding content.
Have some facts to Share…
Amazing articles written
Facebook Group Members
families helped since 2015
What The Breastfeeding Mama Offers
We offer a range of services – free and paid – to help breastfeeding families around the world.
It’s amazing what you can do with technology! While there are some limitations that come through virtual consults, they are a wonderful option for most moms. We offer consults for everything from prenatal consults to weaning consults and everything in between.
All consults include two weeks of messenger support through our secure portal. You can learn more about booking a consult here.
Education can be one of the biggest indicators of meeting breastfeeding goals. We have created a variety of different courses to help guide you through your breastfeeding journey, including:
- Breastfeeding Bootcamp
- Pump Like a Pro Online Class
- Weaning Made Easy
- Milk and Solids
- Find Your Fit (Flange Fitting Course)
- Master Your Milk
All of these – as well as many other wonderful resources – are available together in The Breastfeeding Mama Academy.
In addition to courses, we have created quite a few digital products about different topics:
The Breastfeeding Mama hosts hundreds of helpful breastfeeding articles. We do our best to keep them research-based and easy to read. You can see our latest articles here.
We have created dozens of helpful printables to guide you to breastfeeding success. We are currently working to get these better organized and will share a link to them soon.
Katie has been featured on podcasts, videos, and articles across many prominent websites/organizations. She is happy to be a guest on podcasts, YouTube channels, and articles about all things breastfeeding-related – click here to contact her to set something up!
- Pregnancy and Postpartum TV – How to Increase Milk Supply Fast
- The Preg Nurse – various articles and included in the prenatal course as a breastfeeding educator
- Pulling Curls Podcast
- The Bump – Lip Tie in Baby
- Very Well Family – Can I Use Essential Oils While Breastfeeding?
- Yahoo Finance – What to Do When You Don’t Have Insurance
- Tongue Tie Experts Podcast
- Mommy Labor Nurse Podcast – Talking Low Supply and Oversupply
- UC Chicago Medicine
- Good Buy Gear – Transitioning to Formula from Breast Milk
- The Lily – Should I keep breastfeeding for Covid-19 antibodies?
- Ceres Chill – Breastfeeding Mama Loves Ceres Chill
- Romper – Weaning Your Baby from Breastfeeding
- Slumber Pod – Getting More Rest as a Breastfeeding Mom