Are pregnancy pillows worth it? This is a question that many pregnant women ask themselves. Pregnancy pillows have become increasingly popular in recent years, and there are a variety of different kinds available on the market. Some women swear by them, while others find that they are not really necessary. In this blog post, we will take a closer look at pregnancy pillows and discuss the pros and cons of using them during pregnancy.
What is a pregnancy pillow?
A pregnancy pillow is designed to support the growing belly of a pregnant mother.
They are typically long, U-shaped pillows that can bend and twist and contour as needed.
Why would you want a pregnancy pillow?
One of the main reasons why pregnant women use pregnancy pillows is for support.
These pillows can help to support your back, belly, and legs, which can be helpful if you are suffering from back pain or another discomfort during pregnancy.
Prevent Back Sleeping
They can also help to keep you from rolling over onto your stomach during the night. If you are concerned about your sleeping position during pregnancy, a pregnancy pillow may be a good option for you.
Another pro of pregnancy pillows is that they can provide some much-needed comfort during pregnancy.
Many women find that their regular pillows are not comfortable to use during pregnancy, as their bodies are constantly changing and growing.
Pregnancy pillows are specifically designed to provide comfort and support during pregnancy, and they can be a great option for women who are struggling to get comfortable at night.
Cons of a pregnancy pillow
There are also some cons of pregnancy pillows that you should be aware of.
One of the biggest issues is that they can take up a lot of space in your bed. If you have a small bed, you may find that a pregnancy pillow takes up too much room and makes it difficult to move around.
Additionally, pregnancy pillows can be expensive, so if you are on a budget, you may want to consider other options.
While many women find pregnancy pillows comfortable – some might find them uncomfortable and tricky to get used to. There can be a learning curve to figuring out the best way to use it and it may take time to utilize it to the fullest.
Best Pregnancy Pillows
There are A LOT of pregnancy pillows out there – and trust us, not all of them are created equally!
Here are some of the best ones money can buy that have rave reviews from other mothers on Amazon.
- Our new U-Shape Pillow now comes with a special Cooling cover that is cool to the touch and helps disperse heat. Perfect for the summer or during pregnancy to help you feel cooler through the night.
- The pregnancy pillow features a detachable extension that can be used as its own full body pillow, or attached the main body pillow for additional back or belly support, making this an excellent pillow for pregnant women and just about anyone else!
- This maternity pillow measures 53" inches long, 31" inches wide, and 7" inches high, making this the ideal contoured support pillow for your back, belly, legs, and neck... all in one!
- MORE THAN JUST A PILLOW FOR PREGNANT WOMEN - This full body pillow is perfect for ANYONE needing more support, recovering from surgery, or tired of having to use separate pillows to support their head, neck, legs, and back
- Try the PharMeDoc U-Shaped maternity pillow today, RISK-FREE. You're covered by our lifetime manufacturer warranty and 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- 🏆 [The Ultimate Body Pillow] - C-shaped body pillows design replaces need for multiple bed pillows, helping support your back, hips, knees, neck and head.
- ✔️[Multi Purpose Pregnancy Pillows] - Adjustable polyfill material adapts to your belly and back when you want to sleep, read, nurse, or watch TV
- 🔰[3rd Trimester Pains?] Our full body pregnancy pillow can help ease you into a better sleep, reducing interruptions throughout the night and helping relieve back pain associated with pregnancy
- 💎[More Than Just a Pillow For Pregnancy] - This full body pillow is perfect for ANYONE needing more support, recovering from surgery, or tired of having to use separate pillows to support their head, neck, legs, and back
- Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty Designed in California 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed*
- Comfortable pregnancy sleep. The Maternity Pillow features a C-shaped design for comfort that hugs the contours and shape of your body. Perfect for pregnant women, the C-shaped pillow provides all-around support for every part of the pregnant woman's body.
- Supports You in Any Sleep Position. The C-shape pillow provides support on both sides so it will wrap around you and no matter which way you turn you have support on your belly or on your stomach and on your back at the same time.
- Use for Everyone: The Maternity Pillow measures 58 x 28 x 7.8in. The flexible C-shaped body support makes it easy to turn around at night. Whether you sleep on your side or on your back, this body sleep pillow will give you a comfortable night.
- Washable pillowcase. All of our pregnancy pillows come with soothing pillowcases that are skin-friendly, breathable, soft to the touch, and machine-washable. Double zipper pullers, long zipper for easy installation and removal. Perfect for summer or pregnancy, it will keep you cool all night long.
- All of our pillows are vacuum sealed for easy transportation and to keep them clean. Please allow the pillow to fully unfold and regain its shape for at least 72 hours before use.
- Cuddle Body Pillow: QUEEN ROSE U shaped body pillow is specially enhanced the belly and back support, adapting to your needs when sleeping on your side. Brings hug to growing belly and makes pregnancy journal enjoyable.
- Farewell to Body Pains: Our pregnancy pillow adapts exceptionally well to your body fits your body curves, provides comfort and support to all the right places-shoulders, lower back, belly, pelvis, knees and ankles. Reduce pressure pains and legs swelling during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.
- Ideal for Side Sleepers & Expected Moms: Maternity pillows provide spinal alignment and correct posture with wrapped back and legs support. Experts encourage side sleeping for back pain relief. Replaces up to 5 other pillows, no more tossing and turning at nights.
- Anytime, Anywhere: Use the body pillow anywhere you want to get cozy. Position to your bed, sofa even the floor when sitting, nursing, reading or watching TV to get support. The pillow is loved by people recovered from injured, sciatica and reflux because of its extraordinary supportive function.
- Smooth soft velvet cover makes you feel like sleeping in marshmallow. Pressure relief filling is chemical free and adjustable for different needs. Certified standard 100 by OEKO-TEX, good for you, good for your baby.
- 【PREGNANCY SUPPORT PILLOW】Pregnancy must haves body pillow for pregnancy of maternity body pillow for adults offers body support and relax as a pregnancy U body pillow which is identical with other pregnant body pillow like maternity clothes. U body pillow that pregnancy must haves can lead to a state while using pregnancy body pillows for sleeping as well as maternity clothes. Especially as a body pillow for pregnant women when goes into a body pillow u shape.
- 【MULTIPURPOSE PREGNANCY PILLOWS】Compared to other pregnancy pillow u shaped as pregnancy pillow, the body maternity pregnancy pillow is not only a pregnancy pillow cooling for sleeping designed for pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers, but also a full body pregnancy pillow that pregnancy must haves and the people wanna better sleep who needs pregnancy pillows. Especially could be a pregnancy gifts for first time moms.
- 【PREMIUM FILLING in PREGNANT PILLOW】The pregnant pillow with cover u shape filled with filling which provides extra soft and of high density as well as pregnant pillows for sleeping cooling, u shaped body pillows for adults,maternity pillows for sleeping,maternity pillow for sleeping,maternity pillow cooling. It could also be a pregnancy gifts for first time moms, could be arranged when after wedding registry items set. This long pillow can be used as room decor as well.
- 【REMOVABLE & WASHABLE MATERNITY PILLOW COVER】 This maternity pillow for adults that pregnancy must haves as maternity pillows for sleeping full body and body pillows for pregnant women with zippers at both sides body pillow cover will never clump, even after repeated washing, so you can look forward to long lasting clean comfort body pillows and simply throw the maternity pillow for pregnant women into a normal washing machine and dryer for cleaning. Hassle-free maternity pillow u shape!
- 【COMFORT U SHAPED PREGNANCY PILLOW】Dimension of the full body pillow for pregnant women :58 x 28 in. The u-shaped pillow for pregnant women is long enough to stretch and support body as a pillow pregnancy for sleeping . The inner curves of u pillows for sleeping full body contours like pregnant body pillows for sleeping can align hips for neutral joint positioning. That is the feature as u shape body pillow to reach a stage that be a better pregnancy sleep pillow that pregnancy must haves.
PregnancyPillow.com has high-quality and soft pregnancy pillows. They are part of the company that offers free nursing pillows, covers, and much more. The pillows are listed for $89.95, however, you can use the code TBMAMA1 for $30 off!
Are pregnancy pillows essential?
Overall, pregnancy pillows can be a great addition to your bedding during pregnancy, but they are not essential.
If you are struggling to get comfortable at night, or if you are looking for extra support, a pregnancy pillow may be a good option for you.
However, if you have a small bed or are on a budget it might not be worth it. At the end of the day it is a preference thing and something you will have to determine on your own.
Alternatives to pregnancy pillows
If you are looking for an alternative to pregnancy pillows, there are a few options available.
One option is to use a body pillow, which can be helpful in supporting your back, belly, and legs.
Another option is to use a regular pillow with a pillowcase that is designed for pregnant women.
You can also try using a heating pad or hot water bottle to help you relax and get comfortable at night. Talk to your doctor or midwife about what option would be best for you.
More Posts You Might Enjoy:
- Is Pre-Workout Safe While Breastfeeding + 10 Kinds to Try
- Seven Tips for a Healthy Breastfeeding Diet and Lifestyle
- The Best Free Macro + Calorie Calculator for Breastfeeding Moms
- Free Breast Milk Calculator – How Much Expressed Milk Does Your Baby Need?
Katie Clark is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). She has helped thousands of mothers and families around the globe navigate breastfeeding challenges and questions since 2015. She has a passion for creating research-based, helpful breastfeeding education and helping parents find a way to make breastfeeding work for them. Katie is a mom of three little boys and lives in the great state of Colorado. She also has a degree in Communications with an emphasis in print journalism.