Convenient Breastfeeding Support
Since I started my online breastfeeding support group on Facebook back in 2015, I have discovered a great need for mothers to have access to breastfeeding support.
I’ve found a lot of mothers don’t have convenient, research-based access to lactation support. Although an in-person consult is ideal, it is not always possible.
After having thousands of mothers contact me through insecure methods of communication like Facebook and Instagram, I decided to offer a secure breastfeeding warmline.
This is meant to offer mothers support when they need it most and offer referrals when needed.
At The Breastfeeding Mama, we are excited to announce our breastfeeding messenger warm line!
Easy. Helpful. Supportive.
- Have a basic breastfeeding question?
- Not sure of the best course of action when it comes to a breastfeeding question?
- Need some breastfeeding encouragement?
Then breastfeeding messaging warm line is for you!
How Much Does This Cost?
For the time being, this warm line is free. However, due to the time and cost it takes to run, we do accept and encourage donations from those that are able. A donation can be made through the button below – any amount is appreciated (suggested donation is $5).
If a virtual consult is deemed necessary, we are in the process of setting up a booking service for a consult with us. In the mean time, we can refer to a qualified IBCLC.
Secure and convenient breastfeeding support – straight from your phone!
This warmline offers:
- Secure, HIPPA compliant messaging
- Answers to basic breastfeeding questions
- Follow up support for different problems
- Referrals for full consults (either in person or virtual)
- Resources for further support
This does not offer:
- Full consults or discussion on breastfeeding problems
- Urgent needs (such as a dehydrated baby, low diaper output, extreme pain, etc.)
- Weight checks
- Other issues that require in person support
- 24/7 support – most messages are responded to in 24-48 hours, though this can vary
This is not meant to be a replacement for a lactation consult. While I will do my best to give you resources to help, you will often be referred to an IBCLC in person or for a virtual consult.
How do I Sign Up?
Please fill out the form below. Make sure to read the terms and conditions related to being part of the secure messaging platform.
How does this work?
Upon registration with the form above , you will get a link to our Spruce practice. You can either download the Spruce app and send messages there through the secure message, or you can choose to send a text message (this is not a secure method)
You can ask questions, and when time allows, you will get a response from our secure portal.
What are your Qualifications?
I am a Certified Lactation Educator and a Certified Breastfeeding Specialist. As such, I am qualified to provide basic support, education, and help to breastfeeding parents. I am also training to be an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, and as such, I am monitored by my IBCLC mentor.